You may visit your local public library branch and find multilingual books on the multilingual book shelf. If you cannot find books in a language you want to read, talk to a library staff at the reference desk, and the library staff will request books in that language from the PLLO.
You may also search for and request multilingual books in the SILS, a province-wide public library catalogue. If you know the title, author, publisher or subject of the book you are looking for,
1) Go to the SILS Catalogue Advanced Search.
2) Enter the title, author, publisher or subject of a book that you are looking for in the search box, and click the Go! button to search. If in non-Romanized language, try both the Romanized form and original text.
3) Browse the search outcome to find the book(s) you are looking for.Or if you need to narrow the search outcome, you may use the Limit by menu above the search results, the Narrow your search function on the left of search result, or the More Search Options under the Limit by menu.
5) If you find a book that you are interested in, click Place Request.
6) Enter your library card number and password.
7) Fill out the request form and submit it.
8) You will be notified via email or telephone when the book arrives at the public library branch of your choice.
9) Go to the public library branch and pick up the book.
If you want to browse new books in a language collection,
1) Go to your library catalogue, e.g. Saskatoon Public Library catalogue.
2) Put * (a star) in the search box at the top of the page.
3) In Sort by, select Sorted by Newest.
4) In Format, select book.
5) In Language, select a language you are looking for.
6) If you want to browse the newest books in a specific location, select the library system and branch in Location.
7) Click Search, browse each record, and place hold on the books you are interested in.
8) Enter your library card number and password.
8) Fill out the request form and submit it.
9) You will be notified via email or telephone when the book arrives at the public library branch of your choice.
10) Go to the public library branch and pick up the book.
Public library staff may request a block of multilingual books from the Provincial Library and Literacy Office for shelf display or programming. For more information, consult your library manager or contact:
Multilingual Library Services Coordinator
Provincial Library & Literacy Office, Ministry of Education
409A Park Street
Regina, SK S4N 5B2